Why Advertise with the World?
Arabian Horse World has been telling the story of the Arabian breed with beauty, class, and editorial integrity for nearly 60 years. The magazine is part of the historical record of our breed, and in that way, our advertisers are too. The products of your breeding program, your show successes, the thoughts that you share with us in stories and interviews will live on in the pages of Arabian Horse World to inspire and educate others. Let us help you reach the world — in print and online.
Ad Rates and Information
Rates include all design and production costs.
Effective January 2017 issue.
|BLACK & WHITE|
Send us photos and copy, we will design your ad for you.
- Digital Photos: Submit as 300ppi jpeg files. Click here for file transfer information.
- Non-digital: Send 8˝ x 10˝ glossy-finish photos, slides or transparencies (not negatives). Color copies or prints from ink jet printers are NOT acceptable. With a ballpoint pen, print legibly and lightly on back of photo: Horse’s name, ranch name, and address. No rubber stamps. Photos will not be returned unless so labeled.
- Don’t send photographer’s proofs, unless accompanied by written permission from photographer.
- World assumes no responsibility for slight variations in 4-color reproduction.
- Any photo retouched must be accompanied by a signed statement saying ˝Photo retouched but conformation unaltered˝ to appear in magazine.
- For best reproduction in black and white, send black and white prints. Color prints may turn out too dark.
- Keep instructions simple — a general positioning sketch indicating type blocks and pictures may be included. Ad price includes design and typesetting.
- Inadvertent omission from the Map or Index of Advertisers does not affect an advertiser’s responsibility to pay.
- Advertisers must be responsible for all legal costs resulting from ad message.
- Type all ad copy; we are not responsible for errors in ads due to handwritten copy. World will not be responsible for errors from phoned instructions, copy and/or changes.
- Don’t fax or send “xerox” copied material for art, type, or logo reproduction. Only crisp black and white original or photocopy material reproduces.
- Publisher reserves the right to refuse an advertisement for any reason.
- Arabian Horse World does not stand responsible for opinions, advertising statements, or inaccuracies published in ads or editorial.
Supplied Digital Ads
|FULL PAGE SIZE|
|Trim Size||8.375˝ x 10.875˝ (212.725 mm x 276.225 mm)|
|Bleed||.125″ (3.175 mm)|
|Safety Margin||.5″ (12.7 mm) from trim|
|PARTIAL PAGE SIZES|
|1/2 page horizontal||6.875˝ x 4.625˝|
|1/2 page vertical||3.312˝ x 9.5˝|
|1/3 page box||4.5˝ x 4.625˝|
|1/3 page horizontal||6.875″ x 3.1667″|
|1/3 page vertical||2.125˝ x 9.52˝|
|1/4 page||3.312˝ x 4.625˝|
|1/6 page (black and white ad only)||2.125˝ x 4.625˝|
|1/12 page (black and white ad only)||2.125˝ x 2.188˝|
- Press Quality PDF
- Effective resolution of all images must be 300 ppi.
- All fonts embedded
- CMYK output (no spot colors)
- Flattened TIF or JPG Files at 300 ppi.
Dropbox File Request: Send us your files
We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express. Payment must accompany all one-time ads, and the first four ads on all new 12-time contract ads. Check for last invoice received must accompany or precede all established 12-time contract ads.
Canadian and Overseas Advertisers: A U.S. draft, wire transfer, or VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are the only acceptable forms of payment. All others will be rejected.
The 15th of each month, prior to issue date. Late with an ad? CALL US!
Advertiser agrees that by placing an ad in Arabian Horse World a contract shall have been entered into in Templeton, CA, and advertiser consents to personal jurisdiction in San Luis Obispo County, CA. Advertiser also agrees to pay attorney fees and legal costs incurred in any suit or other effort to collect payment for such advertising. Arabian Horse World accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of ad changes that are requested by phone.